#sarahnstyle #tuesdaytreat #summersixteen
- 1 bag green beans
- 10-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces, roots and tough tips discarded
- 1/8 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 capful lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- pinch of crush red pepper
- Put oil and 2 chopped garlic cloves in a large pan over a medium-low heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushroom, tofu and green onion to pan, let simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat before adding pecans. Stir occasionally for another 10 minutes.
- Put green beans in large pan with water and cover with lid. Once boil is reached, reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Drain pan, add butter to green beans and let butter melt.
- Add ginger powder and salt to beans and stir.
- Add lemon pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon juice to mushrooms and tofu and stir.
- Serve on plate.
Sarahn’s Tip: Cut the stem ends off of the green beans before you put them in water. They taste the same either way, but they’re easier to eat stemless.
Sarahn’s Twist: THIS WHOLE RECIPE WAS MY TWIST! I created this recipe and free handed all the seasoning! So delicious!
Sarahn’s Taste: I would have like for the tofu to be a little more cooked. Tofu is tricky, but try throwing the tofu in a few minutes before the mushroom and the green onion. You can also cook it for a shorter period of time if you like your tofu soft. #sarahnsays