Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchini (green squash)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, olive oil, cheese and black pepper into a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- After washing, slice zucchini and cut into fries, leaving skin on.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Toss zucchini into egg and milk mixture.
- Thoroughly coat zucchini with bread crumbs.
- Place zucchini on a foil lined pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
Sarahn’s Tip: The zucchini doesn’t stay hot for too long after taken out of the oven, so to keep them warm until ready to immediately eat you can leave them in on 150 degrees. Also, really coat the zucchini in both the egg and the bread crumbs to achieve the fry texture!
Sarahn’s Twist: I added a little lemon pepper over the fries before I placed them in the oven and made a chili powder mayo dip that was tasty!
Sarahn’s Taste: These fries are so good. I’m glad they were so easy to make and healthy as well. They’re a great side dish alternative for my veggie lovers and you can experiment with different cheeses. Next I think I’ll try pepper jack! #sarahnsays