Apple and Arugula Quesadillas
#sarahnstyle #tuesdaytreat #summersixteen
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 5 teaspoons apple cider
- 10-inch flour tortillas
- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 fuji apple, cored and sliced
- 3 cups of arugula
- 1 block of any cheese of your choice (I choose pepper jack)
- black pepper
- Mix dijon mustard and apple cider in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Slice apple into small pieces and mushrooms into small slices.
- Use a cheese grater to shred cheese.
- Place a tortilla on a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Let sit for 3o seconds and flip over.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoon of mustard on half of tortilla. Sprinkle a small handful of cheese over the mustard. Let sit for one minute before sprinkling small handful of apple over the cheese. Top with a nice amount of arugula and toss on some mushrooms before sprinkling black pepper.
- Fold other half of tortilla over and gently press down with spatula.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Slice quesadilla and repeat process as desired.
Sarahn’s Tip: Creating your own quesadillas can be so much fun because you can create it to your liking. If you want a fuller quesadilla add more ingredients on the tortilla and cook at a lower heat. If you just want to snack, turn up the heat to create a chip like texture for your tortilla and add some salsa or other dip on the side to snack with.
Sarahn’s Twist: I modified this recipe off another that I saw online. The recipe I saw included brie cheese, but I decided to substitute in pepper jack cheese and add the mushrooms.
Sarahn’s Taste: This recipe is amazing. The apple cider mustard mixes to create the perfect kick with the black pepper and the arugula was perfect for the leaf. I think I’ll experiment with this recipe over and over and continue to create new quesadillas…maybe spinach and strawberry or kale and kiwi. #sarahnsays