Black Bean Soup (Vegan)
#sarahnsays #tuesdaytreat #summersixteen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seperated- chopped and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- Chop up carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, 2 cans of beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process remaining can of beans and chopped tomatoes until smooth.
- Stir into boiling soup mixture, add sliced tomato to soup, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve and let cool before eating.
Sarahn’s Tip: Make sure you get the right kind of canned food (beans and corn) for the soup. If you accidentally get the wrong one, it can throw off the texture a little. It might make for a different soup though, so experiment away!
Sarahn’s Twist: I added some garlic seasoning to the soup when it was cooking and added avocado to each bowl for an additional taste (I love avocado with any and everything!)
Sarahn’s Taste: I just started to get into beans when I became a vegetarian about 8 months ago. I’m still adjusting to the texture of black beans, but I loved this soup because its well seasoned and very filling. #sarahnsays