August is a month for Relaxing and Restoring!
Challenge yourself every day this month to do 1 or 2 things to relax and restore your mind, body and spirit. Uplift those around you by getting your family, friends, and co-workers involved in the 31-day challenge.
Share your rejuvenation with posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtags #sarahnsays and #ccaugust18. Visit sarahnsays.com for more information.
FOR PRINTING: August 2018 Calendar Challenge for Print
Tune in to my online radio show every Sunday at 2pm PST/5pm EST here: http://edg-ord-kxlu.streamguys1.com/klmu
Blessed Day to All! It’s raining here in LA (go figure right) but I hope the sun is shining wherever you are in the world! And if not, may the weather be exactly what you need to find yourself wrapped up in warm blankets taking some much needed time for self.
I’m extremely excited to return to my show this season and to fill my last semester in college with some sanity and serenity.
If you missed last season of my show, you can catch up on show content and clips here: https://sarahnsays.com/category/show-content/
January 22nd 2017 Show Content
Listen to part 2/2 of this week’s show below.
Conversations that Count
The Women’s March in Washington and all around the Globe
National Co-Chairs of Women’s March in Washington: https://www.womensmarch.com/team/
Is it necessary to include race in the gender equality/rights conversation? Is now the time to talk about the pressing issues that face sub groups of women including immigrant rights, mass incarceration and police brutality?
Self.com, Your Right to Protest & How to do it Safely: http://www.self.com/story/your-right-to-protest-and-how-to-do-it-safely
Does the presence/absence of celebrities make a difference in our fight for the cause? What role do they play in changing things for the better? Do we depend on them to use their platform to support issues and causes? Is it their responsibility to act accordingly?
Staying Off your Phone Before going to Sleep
Sitting too Much can Age you by 8 Years
Tracks from the Show (In Order Played)
Happy To be Here – E40
Forward (Ft. James Blake) – Beyonce
Freedom (Ft. Kendrick Lamar) – Beyonce
Pretty Bird – Jhene Aiko
Wings of Forgiveness – India.Arie
Hope ft. Twista – Faith Evans
I Am Light – India.Arie
Mind, Body, & Spirit Tips of the Week
- Mind: Read 20-30 Pages a Day
- 10-15 in the morning, 10-15 in the evening
- wind down on your lunch break
- Body: Try Meal Prepping
- more mindful of what you’re eating
- saves you time and energy
- Spirit: Practice Something for 20 minutes a day
- Duolingo is a great app for learning a language!
- do it during some downtime (after arriving home, with tea before bed)
Positive Affirmations this Week (Related to Intuition)
- Linked to physical reactions
- Processing information
- Sending signals throughout the body
- Easy to lose track of signals when upset, tired or stressed
- Affirmations when you need to remind yourself to find your center with your intuition
- I call upon the tools naturally offered to me
- I’m open to receiving divine guidance
- I am connected to my inner vision
- My intuition grows stronger everyday
New Year’s Evolution Calendar Challenge
The Top 8 Must Read #SARAHNSAYS Posts (So Far)
- STUDENT ARTICLE: #SARAHNSAYS: AN LMU STUDENT’S JOURNEY OF MIND, BODY, AND SOUL
- Travel + Life Tip #5: Keep it Moving
- The Security in Forgiving Yourself
- Stressing Your Blessing
- Day 33 (The 40 to my 20)
- Travel + Life Tip #8: Get Comfortable asking for Direction
- Travel + Life Tip #6: Explore your creative side
- The Fear of Forgetting